Whitecross Village Hall was built in 1896 to house the local village school. Following the closure of the school in 1948, the Village Hall Committee acquired the hall. Whitecross Village Hall is now a Charitable Trust run by volunteer trustees for the benefit of local residents and the wider community..
Recently, a file of historical papers was handed over to the Village Hall. Among the papers was a history of the building when it was a school. It is unknown who wrote it or when. Extracts from that history can be downloaded from the Document Downloads panel on this page.